Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by mi...@collegecommunityonline.com on 2001/08/26 22:56:13 UTC

Using Normal Html in methods, or class structures in JSP

I'm declaring a class inside my jsp
<%!

public class foo{

public void mymethod{

//Java code

%>
Html
<%! }//mymethod

}//foo
%>

The problem is that, the Html is put inside the jsp_service method in the
generated servlet code and not inside the class structure, which otherwise works
perfectly fine.  What I tried to do is pass a JspWriter object into my class via
constructor, but that doesn't help.  I need the html to appear within the class
and not the jsp_service, does anyone have any idea how to fix
this?