Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by tomcatf14 <in...@kepongbaru.com> on 2006/07/17 12:34:46 UTC

SA not tagging subject

I've installed SA and set the score to 6. However, it doesn't seems to tag
the subject although the qmail-queue.log said "tagging message".

What is wrong?
Sent from the SpamAssassin - Users forum at Nabble.com.

Re: SA not tagging subject

Posted by tomcatf14 <in...@kepongbaru.com>.
I've disabled fast spamassassin and now it tag the subject!!!Good but i think
i still want to use Fast SA to enhance the performance.

The doc stated this:
I want "fast_spamassassin" for performance - but I want the Subject: header
tagged as "SPAM" too! Boy - you don't want much do you! :-) Anyway - you
can. Simply change the "--scanner" option to "fast_spamassassin=STRING" and
"STRING" ("SPAM:" is a good value) will be prepended to the Subject line of
every message marked as Spam.

But my qmail-scanner configure doesnt' have this option. I'm using
qmail-scanner 1.25. Try to use the latest version 2.0.1 and hope it help.

Sent from the SpamAssassin - Users forum at Nabble.com.

Re: SA not tagging subject

Posted by Jim Maul <jm...@elih.org>.
tomcatf14 wrote:
> What should i do if i want to use the current SA?

Follow the instructions that come with it instead of some outdated guide
somewhere.

-Jim

Re: SA not tagging subject

Posted by tomcatf14 <in...@kepongbaru.com>.

Re: SA not tagging subject

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> In this page: http://freebsd.qmailrocks.org/clamspam.htm
> The instruction is add:
>
> rewrite_subject 1
> required_hits 5
>
> However, "rewrite_subject 1" is not recognise when i do spamassassin -D
> --lint
>
> This is the error:
> [2276] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: rewrite_subject

Which version of spamassassin did you install?  Do you know?

Did you read any of the information that came with the SA release, or just
that page you reference?

Neither required_hits nor rewrite_header is going to work on any modern
version of SA.

I suggest you uninstall, find a version of spamassassin 2.64 or earlier, and
install it.  Then your config file will work.

        Loren

Re: SA not tagging subject

Posted by tomcatf14 <in...@kepongbaru.com>.
This is the output of spamassassin -D --lint

http://pastebin.ca/90451
Sent from the SpamAssassin - Users forum at Nabble.com.

Re: SA not tagging subject

Posted by tomcatf14 <in...@kepongbaru.com>.
I don't understand these sentences:

Note that you should only use the _REQD_ and _SCORE_ tags when rewriting the
Subject header if report_safe is 0. Otherwise, you may not be able to remove
the SpamAssassin markup via the normal methods.
Sent from the SpamAssassin - Users forum at Nabble.com.

Re: SA not tagging subject

Posted by JamesDR <ja...@trusswood.net>.
tomcatf14 wrote:
> rewrite_header Subject <your message>    --> this is my 1st line in the
> local.cf file and it's uncommented.
>
> I call SA from qmail-scanner. I used the whole package from qmailrocks.
>
> In this page: http://freebsd.qmailrocks.org/clamspam.htm
> The instruction is add:
>
> rewrite_subject 1
> required_hits 5
>
> However, "rewrite_subject 1" is not recognise when i do spamassassin -D
> --lint
>
> This is the error:
> [2276] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: rewrite_subject

Those instructions are wrong... See the man page for spamassassin or
look here:
http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.1.x/dist/doc/
Those instructions override any instructions on any 3rd party site as
far as config goes. Most 'how-to's' are written for older versions.

If you look carefully, that was written for 3.0.1, which is outdated
(3.0.x is up to 3.0.6 now anyway, which is moot because you are using 3.1.3)

The spamassassin.apache.org link should point you in the right
direction, as far as the config for SA goes.

HTH
James

Re: SA not tagging subject

Re: SA not tagging subject

Posted by JamesDR <ja...@trusswood.net>.
tomcatf14 wrote:
> I am using the following:
>
> SpamAssassin version 3.1.3
>   running on Perl version 5.8.7
>
> "rewrite_subject 1" is not recognise when running spamassassin -D --lint
You will want....
rewrite_header Subject <your message>

<your message> without the < and >.
James

Re: SA not tagging subject

Re: SA not tagging subject

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 03:34:46AM -0700, tomcatf14 wrote:
> I've installed SA and set the score to 6. However, it doesn't seems to tag
> the subject although the qmail-queue.log said "tagging message".
> What is wrong?

You don't state how you're calling SA, but if you're using qmail-scanner or
something it is likely handling the markup for you.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"... then you'll excuse me, but I'm in the middle of fifteen things, all of