Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Alejandro Fernandez <af...@hortonworks.com> on 2014/10/29 21:34:39 UTC

Ambari branch-1.7.0 stabilization

Hi all,

Thank you for helping to stabilize the Ambari 1.7.0 branch; we are down to
1 Blocker, 4 Criticals, and 75 Major issues (of which 31 are bugs).
In order to prevent large non-critical changes from destabilizing the
release candidate, I propose that we enter a mode where we should only fix
Blockers and Criticals.
The goal is to minimize the risk of any breaking changes, scrutinize the
severity of additional patches, and ensure that branch-1.7.0 stays healthy.

Please spend the next 2 days scrubbing any open Jiras for Fix Version 1.7.0
in case they warrant any change in priority (e.g., change from Major to
Critical) or need to be moved to Fix Version 2.0.0.
On Friday, I will start going over any Jiras still open in Ambari 1.7.0 and
propose a judgement call to the community on what action to take for them.

It is now of utmost importance to be extra careful and ensure that all
patches are thoroughly system tested.

Thank you,
Alejandro Fernandez
Ambari 1.7.0 Release Manager

--
[image: Hortonworks, Inc.] <http://hortonworks.com/> *Alejandro Fernandez
<af...@hortonworks.com>**Engineering - Ambari*

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Ambari branch-1.7.0 stabilization

Posted by Alejandro Fernandez <af...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi all,

There are about 24 Jiras on ASF that have a status of Patch Available; 6
are fairly recent, and the remaining 18 are older than Oct 1.

Please see https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AMBARI%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.7.0%20AND%20status%20%3D%20%22Patch%20Available%22%20ORDER%20BY%20updated%20DESC%2C%20priority%20DESC>
and
either commit them or punt them to Fix Version 2.0.0
Filter:
project = AMBARI AND fixVersion = 1.7.0 AND status = "Patch Available"
ORDER BY updated DESC, priority DESC

If no action is taken within 24 hours on the Jiras that have not been
updated since Oct 1, I will move them to the next release.

We're very close to wrapping up Ambari 1.7.0 and will soon enter
Blocker-only mode.

Thank you,
Alejandro Fernandez

Posted by jun aoki <ja...@apache.org>.
Alejandro and the Ambari community, We are almost there!

I made a query here that tells you if you reported or are assigned to a
1.7.0 ticket.
As Alejandro requested, you can take a look at them and see if they really
need to go into the 1.7.0 branch.
And otherwise, please remove 1.7.0 from Fix Version.

project = Ambari AND (reporter = currentUser() or assignee = currentUser())
AND resolution= Unresolved AND fixVersion = 1.7.0 ORDER BY updated DESC

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 1:34 PM, Alejandro Fernandez <
afernandez@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Thank you for helping to stabilize the Ambari 1.7.0 branch; we are down to
> 1 Blocker, 4 Criticals, and 75 Major issues (of which 31 are bugs).
> In order to prevent large non-critical changes from destabilizing the
> release candidate, I propose that we enter a mode where we should only fix
> Blockers and Criticals.
> The goal is to minimize the risk of any breaking changes, scrutinize the
> severity of additional patches, and ensure that branch-1.7.0 stays healthy.
>
> Please spend the next 2 days scrubbing any open Jiras for Fix Version 1.7.0
> in case they warrant any change in priority (e.g., change from Major to
> Critical) or need to be moved to Fix Version 2.0.0.
> On Friday, I will start going over any Jiras still open in Ambari 1.7.0 and
> propose a judgement call to the community on what action to take for them.
>
> It is now of utmost importance to be extra careful and ensure that all
> patches are thoroughly system tested.
>
> Thank you,
> Alejandro Fernandez
> Ambari 1.7.0 Release Manager