Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tuan Quan <tu...@yahoo.com> on 2009/03/19 21:32:39 UTC

APR based Tomcat Native library

Dear all,
I installed Tomcat 6.0.16,  service is running but the catalina log shows:
INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: C:\Tomcat6.0\bin;.;C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\jdk1.6.0_12\bin;D:\ora10\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\SysMgt\RAC5;C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\SysMgt\oma\bin

APR dll, tcnative-1.dll  file is in C:\Tomcat6.0\bin

What did I do wrong or missing? I'd like to load the APR.

thanks.
Tuan.

RE: APR based Tomcat Native library

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Tuan Quan [mailto:tuan_quan@yahoo.com]
> Subject: APR based Tomcat Native library
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\SysMgt\oma\bin

Looks like you're running on a 64-bit version of Windows; are you using a 64-bit JVM?  The .dll mode must match that of the JVM you're using.  You can find the 64-bit version of tcnative-1.dll here:
http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/1.1.16/binaries/win64/x64/

If you're using a 32-bit JVM and installed the 64-bit dll by mistake, you can get the correct one here:
http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/1.1.16/binaries/win32/

 - Chuck