Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Edwin Pratomo <ed...@computer.org> on 2000/11/08 06:44:04 UTC

Apache::Util routines

Guys,
mod_perl 1.24:

perl -M'Apache::Util qw(:all)' -e '$a = parsedate("")'
Undefined subroutine &Apache::Util::parsedate called at -e line 1.

Looks like I've been missing something?

Rgds,
Edwin.

Re: Apache::Util routines

Posted by Ian Kallen <sp...@salon.com>.
Apache::Util XS hooks into some of Apache's C code for date handling,
escaping and so forth.  There's no way with the current architecture to
use it in a non-Apache-runtime context; running it from within your shell
won't work.

--
Salon Internet 				http://www.salon.com/
  Manager, Software and Systems "Livin' La Vida Unix!"