Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Shanmugasundram T - CTD, Chennai." <sh...@ctd.hcltech.com> on 2003/03/25 11:21:28 UTC

Parsing a large XML file.

I have a big XML file of size about 1GB. I want to validate that file
against a XML Schema and log errors. Should i use SAX or DOM Parser to do
this? Please note i want just to call the parser.parse() method which
validate the xml file against the XML schema and the ErrorHandler will
create the log. So for this which parser will be faster DOM or SAX.

thanks,
Shunmu

Re: Parsing a large XML file.

Posted by Neeraj Bajaj <ne...@sun.com>.

Shanmugasundram T - CTD, Chennai. wrote:

>I have a big XML file of size about 1GB. I want to validate that file
>against a XML Schema and log errors. Should i use SAX or DOM Parser to do
>this? Please note i want just to call the parser.parse() method which
>validate the xml file against the XML schema and the ErrorHandler will
>create the log. So for this which parser will be faster DOM or SAX.

Definitely SAX :-) To experience real time just try parsing with both
SAX & DOM and you will know the difference.