Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Rene de Vries <re...@canyon.xs4all.nl> on 2009/01/05 12:00:12 UTC

Simple mailform module wanted

LS,

I'm using Lenya for some time now, but I always use apache+python for my
scripting. One of the most used scripts is a simple mailform. I would like
to be able to do this from within Lenya, but as far as I know there are no
ready made modules for this. Can anyone provide me with an example?

Thanks,

Rene de Vries

Re: Simple mailform module wanted

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi René,

René de Vries schrieb:
> Andreas,
>
>>> I'm using Lenya for some time now, but I always use apache+python for my
>>> scripting. One of the most used scripts is a simple mailform. I would
>>> like
>>> to be able to do this from within Lenya, but as far as I know there
>>> are no
>>> ready made modules for this. Can anyone provide me with an example?
>>
>> Lenya 2.0.2 ships with a contactform module. After enabling this
>> module in publication.xml you should be able to add a contact form
>> page via the File menu. For more information on customizing the
>> module, see [1].
>

> I've found the mailfrom, thank you. Seems easy to customize. Although I
> have email working (when I use "lenya.usecase=notification.sendMessage")
> an email gets sent (not only to the lenya mailbox but also via SMTP) but
> the contactForm only seems to send a message to the Lenya inbox not via
> SMTP. Where can I configure the form to use smtp?

actually the contact form uses the notifier service that is configured
in cocoon.xconf. If you have enabled the email notifier, the mail should
be sent. Is there anything useful in the logs?

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: Simple mailform module wanted

Posted by René de Vries <re...@canyon.xs4all.nl>.
Andreas,

>> I'm using Lenya for some time now, but I always use apache+python
>> for my
>> scripting. One of the most used scripts is a simple mailform. I
>> would like
>> to be able to do this from within Lenya, but as far as I know there
>> are no
>> ready made modules for this. Can anyone provide me with an example?
>
> Lenya 2.0.2 ships with a contactform module. After enabling this
> module in publication.xml you should be able to add a contact form
> page via the File menu. For more information on customizing the
> module, see [1].

I've found the mailfrom, thank you. Seems easy to customize. Although
I have email working (when I use
"lenya.usecase=notification.sendMessage") an email gets sent (not only
to the lenya mailbox but also via SMTP) but the contactForm only seems
to send a message to the Lenya inbox not via SMTP. Where can I
configure the form to use smtp?

Thank you,

René
--
René de Vries
<re...@canyon.xs4all.nl>

Re: Simple mailform module wanted

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Rene,

Rene de Vries schrieb:
> I'm using Lenya for some time now, but I always use apache+python for my
> scripting. One of the most used scripts is a simple mailform. I would like
> to be able to do this from within Lenya, but as far as I know there are no
> ready made modules for this. Can anyone provide me with an example?

Lenya 2.0.2 ships with a contactform module. After enabling this module
in publication.xml you should be able to add a contact form page via the
File menu. For more information on customizing the module, see [1].

-- Andreas

[1]
http://lenya.apache.org/docu20/standardmodules/usecasedocumentmodulesection/usecasedocumentmoduleoverview.html

--