Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Clifton <cl...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/12 16:02:24 UTC

Maven2Eclipse with multi-module projects?

Hello all,

I am a devoted IntelliJ Idea user with Eclipse experience trying to get my
team acclimated with Maven. I'm having trouble sharing a multi-module Maven
project with my Eclipse brethren through Subversion. In Idea I can merely
check out the project root folder and everything just works. However I've
noticed several issues in Eclipse all regarding the m2eclipse plugin. When I
check out the project using either Subclipse or Subversive I get the option
to check out as a Maven2 project. Checking out from root does not bring in
the child projects as Maven2 enabled projects. If I checkout the projects
individually the m2Eclipse plugin then proceeds to define a new pom for the
project upon checking out. This completely hoses the build path and gets
everybody confused as they have to manually redefine the pom and restore the
dependencies. I've tried several attempts at checking out the project, all
with no success. I've even tried the Q4E plug in which doesn't seem to allow
me to configure an external Maven install or custom settings xml. What is
the best practice for using Eclipse with a multi-module project?

Re: Maven2Eclipse with multi-module projects?

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
yes, you probably need Q4E 0.4.0

Posted by Clifton <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jan Torben Heuer <jt...@mail2003.dnsalias.org>.
Chris Schmidt wrote:

>   I checkout on the command line, then go to eclipse to import the files
> from the repository.  I'm currently using Subclipse within the IDE, but
> in all honesty don't do much with it at the moment.

It works fine here. I suggest to do it that way. No problems, yet.

run mvn eclipse:eclipse in the project root before importing.

Jan

RE: Maven2Eclipse with multi-module projects?

Posted by Chris Schmidt <cs...@prospricing.com>.
  I checkout on the command line, then go to eclipse to import the files
from the repository.  I'm currently using Subclipse within the IDE, but
in all honesty don't do much with it at the moment.

Thanks,

 Chris
Posted by Clifton <cl...@gmail.com>.
Thanx Chris,

I'm going to try this out tonight. I'm not sure I understand the
import/disconnect and connect thing, though. Do you checkout from Eclipse or
the Command line? If from Eclipse then I assume all of the folders come down
at once? Is this where you disconnect the children and check them out in a
different location? I've tried Subversive checking out only the parent w/o
recursing, then checked out one of the children and that seems to work. Are
there any potential pitfalls with this approach? I'd rather not refactor to