Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Jonathan Linczak <li...@hiram.edu> on 2004/07/13 20:33:56 UTC

Upgrading Lenya?

All,

I didn't see any documents about the accepted way to upgrade Lenya, so
I simply did the following:

1.  Old = CVS version tagged "RELEASE_1_2"; New = latest CVS version
2.  Removed old cocoon-lenya source directory
3.  Got new version from CVS
4.  Copied $LENYA_HOME/src/cocoon/local.* to $COCOON_HOME
5.  Went to Cocoon home and ran:
	a. build.sh clean
	b. build.sh -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp
6.  Once down, went to $LENYA_HOME and copied build.properties.sample
to build.properties
7.  Changed values in build.properties
8.  ant install to install Lenya

My old publications are still there, which is good.  But here's the
problem: I was told that the fact that users could not change their
passwords was fixed in the latest CVS release.  When logging in as a
user that does not have admin privileges, this doesn't seem possible
still.  Is the only way to change a password for a non-admin user is to
go the Admin tab, click on Users, and change their password from there?
  Are the old publications updated when the newer Lenya is installed?
If not, is there something I need to change in the old publications to
have this work, or is there a way to upgrade them without losing all my
data?

Jon