Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by ML_Seda <so...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/27 18:19:26 UTC

Status of CASSANDRA-336 ?

What is the status of CASSANDRA-336?

I would like to use this patch, but I'm not familiar with the patching
process in cassandra. Could someone please outline a few steps?

Also is 'CASSANDRA-336-v4-Adding-support-for-batch-mutations.patch' mean
this is the patch for version .4 of cassandra, or just a patch version?

Is it possible to apply this patch for cassandra .4?

Thanks.

Re: Status of CASSANDRA-336 ?

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 4:14 PM, ML_Seda <so...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does cassandra use a stable trunk model?

No.

> When is version 0.6 expected to be release?

I'm hoping to start beta before PyCon starts (Feb 17).

-Jonathan

Re: Status of CASSANDRA-336 ?

Posted by ML_Seda <so...@gmail.com>.

Jonathan Ellis-3 wrote:

> It was committed to trunk and will be in version 0.6.

Does cassandra use a stable trunk model?
When is version 0.6 expected to be release?

thanks.

Re: Status of CASSANDRA-336 ?

Posted by ML_Seda <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jonathan.

Usually on such projects I work from the trunk.  The current piece we've
been working on uses the lucene on cassandra (lucandra) code, which supports
v.4 of cassandra. Jake i believe is working on upgrading.

Our company is currently in an experimental stage trying different methods
for indexing large amounts of documents.  For the most part lucandra is
working great (quick setup, good query times), but the initial load is
killing us.

I've been talking with a few co-workers to maybe try indexing using the
traditional method of using supercolumns in cassandra as did facebook (that
way we can use the bleeding edge cassandra code).  I was curious if anyone
has done benchmarks on insert using the old method vs using the
Cassandra-336 multi-key batch code?

Re: Status of CASSANDRA-336 ?

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
It was committed to trunk and will be in version 0.6.  v4 means it was
the fourth version of the patch; it is not possible to apply to 0.4.
(0.5.0 is out now, you should upgrade!)

-Jonathan