Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by arno noordover <an...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/24 19:56:18 UTC

integrate pull request

I'm seeing that my integrations of the pull request introduce new branches in
the repository.
I'm looking for the simplest way to do it using rebase.
I've seen
http://blog.differential.com/best-way-to-merge-a-github-pull-request/ but
you need to add someones repo as a remote to do this.
Is this the simplest way?
Should you also squash?

Re: integrate pull request

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

you get an email with the git command to run, such as:

git pull https://github.com/sirlatrom/camel
fix/salesforce-pushtopic-query-update-criteria

Then after you do that you run a rebase, eg

git pull --rebase

Then the commits gets merged on top of the master branch, in a
straight line. So there is no "guitar hero" syndrome, with many
branches.

And as a committer you can also work directly on the Apache git repo
instead of the fork from github, eg the ASF git link is shown in the
top here
http://camel.apache.org/source.html

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 9:56 PM, arno noordover <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm seeing that my integrations of the pull request introduce new branches in
> the repository.
> I'm looking for the simplest way to do it using rebase.
> I've seen
> http://blog.differential.com/best-way-to-merge-a-github-pull-request/ but
> you need to add someones repo as a remote to do this.
> Is this the simplest way?
> Should you also squash?

Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus