Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org> on 2002/05/16 16:11:30 UTC

Re: [IMPORTANT] What actions can the ASF take to enforce copyright?

Berin, do you have any pointer/URL for the "stolen" bits? Both ours and the
"illegal" copy... I believe that we can have someone to write  to the
offending party and maybe reason with them?

    Pier

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
After finally closing the loop with the person, I found out that the
document was an internal company document "protected" by NDA.

The person who contacted me was a project manager, and discovered
it by someone else's prompting.  I reminded the gentleman that the
source document is protected by the ASL, which generally states that
if you do not change it you can distribute it freely.

I asked him to restore the original "by-line", and he was happy with
that.

There is no public URL to review the stolen bit.  Apparently, it was
a total of 12 pages ripped off (not just a bit), and appended with
a rip off of another document from OSS(?).

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.