Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2003/11/24 18:48:17 UTC

Question...

Can I tell James to "forward" to different mail servers if it "detects" that
it's inside a certain network (like one of my client locations)?  Most of my
clients do not allow me to use James on my local laptop to send emails
outside their network and I have to use one of their mail servers.  But, I
hate having to reconfigure my mail client wherever I go.

James Carman
President 	Carman Consulting, Inc.
1218 Bobwhite Ct.
<http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=1218+Bobwhite+Ct.&csz=Edgewo
od,+KY++41018&country=us>
Edgewood, KY 41018
james@carmanconsulting.com
IM: jwcarman
tel:
fax: 	(513) 325-7977
(240) 218-7231

 <http://www.plaxo.com/signature/> Powered by Plaxo
<http://www.plaxo.com/signature/> Want a signature like this?

Re: Question...

Posted by Jerome Lacoste <la...@frisurf.no>.
On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 18:48, James Carman wrote:
> Can I tell James to "forward" to different mail servers if it
> "detects" that it's inside a certain network (like one of my client
> locations)?  Most of my clients do not allow me to use James on my
> local laptop to send emails outside their network and I have to use
> one of their mail servers.  But, I hate having to reconfigure my mail
> client wherever I go.

it sounds like it should be in a task external to James.

On my Linux laptop, the laptop_net package would be the best place to
implement this feature.

Cheers,

Jerome