Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/24 08:51:18 UTC

[Important] Build is unstable

All,

There are currently multiple issues with the build from trunk:

1. An out of memory condition as reported by Katherine Sanders in
AXIS2-4691. I was able to reproduce this on a Windows virtual machine,
but also to work around this by increasing the heap size allocated to
Maven (which seems to contradict Katherine's findings). Probably this
issue is not related to a specific commit.

2. r937071 causes test failures in jaxws-integration, as detected by Hudson.

3. Even after increasing the heap size and locally reverting r937071,
I still get a build failure in the integration module:

Test set: org.apache.axis2.deployment.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilderTest
Tests run: 5, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.625
sec <<< FAILURE!
testVersion(org.apache.axis2.deployment.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilderTest)
 Time elapsed: 1.11 sec  <<< FAILURE!
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: org.custommonkey.xmlunit.Diff
[different] Expected attribute value 'getVersion' but was 'parameters'
- comparing <mime:content part="getVersion"...> at
/definitions[1]/binding[3]/operation[1]/input[1]/content[1]/@part to
<mime:content part="parameters"...> at
/definitions[1]/binding[3]/operation[1]/input[1]/content[1]/@part

	at org.custommonkey.xmlunit.XMLAssert.assertXMLEqual(XMLAssert.java:125)
	at org.custommonkey.xmlunit.XMLAssert.assertXMLEqual(XMLAssert.java:255)
	at org.custommonkey.xmlunit.XMLAssert.assertXMLEqual(XMLAssert.java:200)
	at org.custommonkey.xmlunit.XMLTestCase.assertXMLEqual(XMLTestCase.java:235)
	at org.apache.axis2.deployment.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilderTest.testVersion(WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilderTest.java:57)

This is probably caused by r937436 (to be confirmed).

I will temporarily revert the commits that cause build failures (and
reopen the corresponding JIRAs where applicable), so that we can get
back to a stable baseline.

Some reminders:
* You are supposed to run the build locally before checking changes
into SVN. Of course, sometimes problems are environment specific and
not caught at this stage.
* We have continuous integration (Hudson) in place for Axis2. See [1].
Unfortunately notifications to the mailing list don't work yet, but
you might want to check manually.
* It is possible to cleanly rollback a commit using "svn merge -c
-XXXXXX . ." where XXXXXX is the revision number of the commit. It can
later be reapplied using "svn merge -c XXXXXX . ." or "svn merge -c
-YYYYYY . ." where YYYYYY is the revision number of the commit where
the rollback happened.

Andreas

[1] http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Axis2/job/Axis2/

Re: [Important] Build is unstable

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Andreas Veithen
<an...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 06:48, Amila Suriarachchi
> <am...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Andreas Veithen
> > <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> All,
> >>
> >> There are currently multiple issues with the build from trunk:
> >>
> >> 1. An out of memory condition as reported by Katherine Sanders in
> >> AXIS2-4691. I was able to reproduce this on a Windows virtual machine,
> >> but also to work around this by increasing the heap size allocated to
> >> Maven (which seems to contradict Katherine's findings). Probably this
> >> issue is not related to a specific commit.
> >
> > I could build axis2 properly in my linux machine with java 1.6.  But
> anyway
> > by default I have increase the
> > memory 2048M. I think increasing the memory is not a work around isn't
> it?
>
> No, but we should try to make sure that the build works out of the
> box. Do you know if it is possible to specify the heap size in the
> POMs, or to configure the POMs such that the build fails immediately
> with a clear error message when the heap size is insufficient?

I am not aware of such a feature.
I think it may not be possible since this has to give as jvm parameter.

thanks,
Amila.

> [...]
> >>

> >> I will temporarily revert the commits that cause build failures (and
> >> reopen the corresponding JIRAs where applicable), so that we can get
> >> back to a stable baseline.
> >>
> >> Some reminders:
> >> * You are supposed to run the build locally before checking changes
> >> into SVN. Of course, sometimes problems are environment specific and
> >> not caught at this stage.
> >> * We have continuous integration (Hudson) in place for Axis2. See [1].
> >> Unfortunately notifications to the mailing list don't work yet, but
> >> you might want to check manually.
> >> * It is possible to cleanly rollback a commit using "svn merge -c
> >> -XXXXXX . ." where XXXXXX is the revision number of the commit. It can
> >> later be reapplied using "svn merge -c XXXXXX . ." or "svn merge -c
> >> -YYYYYY . ." where YYYYYY is the revision number of the commit where

Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: [Important] Build is unstable

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.