Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Liudmila Mukhina <mu...@googlemail.com> on 2010/08/11 12:52:53 UTC

Felix usage problems

*Hello,*
*i'm new in the felix world, so i'm sorry if i'm asking some questions which
seems obviuose for u but anyway...*
**
*I was following the instruction to start the felix from the official site
even thought there is not so much info for the begginers becouse following
the instruction i was not able to launch it from the first time. It's not
clear if u have to download some additional bundles from the web after u
unzip the felix archive.*
*Finally i was able to launch it, but i'm getting error on startup *
C:\felix-framework-3.0.1>java -jar bin/felix.jar
Auto-deploy install: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Bundle symbolic
name an
d version are not unique: org.apache.felix.framework:3.0.1
Auto-properties install: file:bundle/org.apache.felix.shell-1.4.2.jar
(org.osgi.
framework.BundleException: Bundle symbolic name and version are not unique:
org.
apache.felix.shell:1.4.2)
Auto-properties start: file:bundle/org.apache.felix.shell-1.4.2.jar (
org.osgi.fr
amework.BundleException: Bundle symbolic name and version are not unique:
org.ap
ache.felix.shell:1.4.2)
$ [INFO] Started bridged http service
[INFO] Started bridged http service
_______________
Welcome to Apache Felix Gogo
g! 2010-08-11 12:33:25.805::INFO:  Logging to STDERR via
org.mortbay.log.StdErrL
og
[INFO] Http service whiteboard started
VIRTUAL OOOO null : null

*But at least it gives me the command prompt and i was able to launch the
help command, so it seems good for me.*
*Then i had to deploy some other bundles required for the SW i wanted to
try... so i used the start command as below: *
-> start file:c:/felix-framework-3.0.1/bundle/org.osgi.compendium-1.0.1.jar
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.osgi.OSGiCommands.convertBundle(OSGiCom
mands.java:344)
        at
org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.osgi.OSGiCommands.convert(OSGiCommands.
java:265)
        at
org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.shell.CommandShellImpl.convert(CommandS
hellImpl.java:210)
        at
org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.shell.CommandSessionImpl.convert(Comman
dSessionImpl.java:344)
        at
org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.shell.Reflective.coerce(Reflective.java
:276)
        at
org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.shell.Reflective.coerce(Reflective.java
:213)
        at
org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.shell.Reflective.method(Reflective.java
:105)
        at
org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.shell.Command.execute(Command.java:41)
        at
org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.shell.Closure.execute(Closure.java:229)
        at
org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.shell.Closure.executeStatement(Closure.
java:162)
        at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.shell.Pipe.run(Pipe.java:101)
        at
org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.shell.Closure.execute(Closure.java:79)
        at
org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.shell.CommandSessionImpl.execute(Comman
dSessionImpl.java:71)
        at org.apache.felix.gogo.console.stdio.Console.run(Console.java:59)
        at
org.apache.felix.gogo.console.stdio.StdioConsole.run(StdioConsole.jav
a:45)
E: Cannot coerce
start[file:c:/felix-framework-3.0.1/bundle/org.osgi.compendium-
1.0.1.jar] to any of [(Bundle)]

*What i'm doing wrong?*
*I've read the suggestion from the forum about deleting the "felix-cache"
folder.. it doesn't work for me... i'm keep getting message what the name
and version r not uniqui...*
**
*Please help me!*
**
*Thanks in advance,*
*Liudmila*

Re: Felix usage problems

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
  On 8/11/10 11:16, Liudmila Mukhina wrote:
> Thanks a lot!
> It helps ... the only thing... after i've launched felix i've started one
> bundle. It didn't give me any errors. So, looks fine. Then i exited from the
> framework and launched it again. I assumed what everytime i have to start
> all the addidtional bandles, but it looks like not? Because when i used
> start file:bundle/org.osgi.compendium-1.0.1.jar..(the bundle i started first
> time) it gives me error org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Bundle symbolic
> name and version are not uni
> que: org.osgi.compendium:4.0.0
> Means what ones downloaded bundles remaines forever in the felix cash or
> somewhere and i shouldn't restart them every time?

When you install a bundle into the OSGi framework, it gets cached, so
you do not need to install it again. If you want to get rid of it, then
you must uninstall it.

-> richard

Re: Felix usage problems

Posted by Liudmila Mukhina <mu...@googlemail.com>.