Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ionut Manta <io...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/31 14:41:28 UTC

Solr NRT

Hi,

I have the following strange use case:

Index 100 documents and make them immediately available for search. I call
this "on the fly indexing". Then the index can be removed. So the size of
the index is not an issue here.
Is this possible with Solr? Anyone tried something similar?

Thank you,
Ionut

Re: Solr NRT

Posted by Nagendra Nagarajayya <nn...@transaxtions.com>.
Did you trying using Solr with RankingAlgorithm ? It supports NRT. You
can index documents without a commit while searching  concurrently. No
changes are needed except for enabling NRT through solrconfig.xml. You
can get information about the implementation from here:

http://solr-ra.tgels.com/wiki/en/Near_Real_Time_Search
http://solr-ra.tgels.com/papers/NRT_Solr_RankingAlgorithm.pdf

You can download Solr with RankingAlgorithm from here:
http://solr-ra.tgels.com

Regards,

- Nagendra Nagarajayya
http://solr-ra.tgels.com