Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Sam Hamilton <sh...@hotmail.com> on 2008/03/04 12:57:15 UTC

Repository Replication

Hi,

I have found a few entries with the same problem but I haven't yet found any
answers as to what I might be doing wrong.

I am trying to set up a Repository Replication. I have followed the steps in
he manual http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn-book.pdf (page 133) which
includes creating a mirror repository and editing the pre-revprop-change and
start-commit hook scripts.

But, when i run:

svnsync initialize http://svn.example.com/svn-mirror
http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn --username syncuser --password syncpass

I wait for a few hours then receive an error. The error is:

svnsync: DAV request failed; it's possible that the repository's
pre-revprop-change hook either failed or is non-existent
svnsync: At least one property change failed; repository is unchanged

I have checked the pre-revprop-change hook script exists and there aren't
any typos or reasons that it shouldn't run (it is identical to the one in
the SVN manual) restarted Apache, checked the log files and ensured the user
exists. I am hitting a brick wall and running out of ideas on what I should
look at. Can anyone help?

Many Thanks,

Sam

Re: Repository Replication

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@red-bean.com>.
On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 6:57 AM, Sam Hamilton <sh...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I have found a few entries with the same problem but I haven't yet found any
>  answers as to what I might be doing wrong.
>
>  I am trying to set up a Repository Replication. I have followed the steps in
>  he manual http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn-book.pdf (page 133) which
>  includes creating a mirror repository and editing the pre-revprop-change and
>  start-commit hook scripts.
>
>  But, when i run:
>
>  svnsync initialize http://svn.example.com/svn-mirror
>  http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn --username syncuser --password syncpass
>
>  I wait for a few hours then receive an error. The error is:
>
>  svnsync: DAV request failed; it's possible that the repository's
>  pre-revprop-change hook either failed or is non-existent
>  svnsync: At least one property change failed; repository is unchanged
>
>  I have checked the pre-revprop-change hook script exists and there aren't
>  any typos or reasons that it shouldn't run (it is identical to the one in
>  the SVN manual) restarted Apache, checked the log files and ensured the user
>  exists. I am hitting a brick wall and running out of ideas on what I should
>  look at. Can anyone help?

Does the pre-revprop-change hook actually return *success*?  The
default template file (pre-revprop-change.tmpl, which needs to be
copied to pre-revprop-change) is to disallow revprop changes (i.e.
return failure.)

Either way, this question belongs on the users@subversion.tigris.org
list;  this list is about the development of svn itself.