Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Robert Bateman <bo...@sequoiallc.com> on 2004/09/10 21:02:48 UTC

A Document confusion

Apologies up front - I'm still new to Axis...

I've been folowing the Axis / Castor write up over on IBM's web site.  I've
done everything in the writeup and understand (I think) up thru the deploy
step.

My environment:

Linux
Tomcat 5.0.25
Axis 1.2 beta 3

I've put together a WSDL for a User Registration web service (attached below)
that I'm playing with.  The web service is supposed to accept an XML document
as input.  I haven't yet gotten to the output side so I've left output out of
the wsdl (for the moment.)

I've gone thru the Axis and Castor source steps.  I have a deploy.wsdd file
now that needs to be deployed (please note that the wsdd file attached needs
to be fixed to point to the proper de/serializer - that's not my problem
here...  I have fixed the de/serializer in the wsdd file that I'm attempting
to deploy.)

2 things are bothering me about the deploy.wsdd file that is generated:

1) I followed the instructions for creating the Axis / Castor source.  But my
source doesn't appear to be serializing a String (i.e. not using the wrapped
style)  I didn't include -W when I ran WSDL2Java, so I'm confused about
what's happening here.

2) If the generated code is not using the wrapped style, is it because I
messed up the WSDL?  Or is there possible a bug I've run across?

Thanks much for your time!

Bob

RE: A Document confusion

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@waersystems.com>.
Hello,
	I didn't noticed that u attached files..
Well, try to replace following lines of your  WSDL file with

<types>
  <xsd:schema elementFormDefault="qualified"

targetNamespace="http://www.sequoiallc.net/test_xml/WSDL/v1_0/importType
s">
			<xsd:import
namespace="http://www.sequoiallc.net/test_xml/Schemas/v1_0"

schemaLocation="http://www.sequoiallc.net/test_xml/Schemas/v1_0/SGRegist
er.xsd"/>
		</xsd:schema>
	</types>

This

<import namespace="http:// yr ur namespace" location="SGRegister.xsd" />

I don't exactly know what are the steps that you are doing... I can tell
u what I did (and worked..)

I have put that xsd file in my <axisdir>\TestWS

I have run the WSDL2Java command (as outlined in article)...

Actually when I tried to write the WSDL file like u did (and the article
shows), by specifying 'types' etc, I couldn't get it to work
properly....

Then when I downloaded the source code of the article I saw that the
wsdl was different from the one that was given in the article (for that
famous <types> tag)

Hope this helps..

Regards
	marco