Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mohammad Mustaqeem <3m...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/25 14:06:51 UTC

Problem in uploading file in WebHDFS

I am using pseudo-distributed Hadoop-2.0.3-alpha.
I want to upload a file named 'abc' from my local filesystem on HDFS at
location "/waseem".
When I run this command on terminal -
curl --negotiate -u : -i -X PUT -T /home/mustaqeem/abc -L '
http://127.0.0.1:50070/webhdfs/v1/waseem?op=CREATE&user.name=mustaqeem'

First it hangs for some time and give following error -

HTTP/1.1 100 Continue

HTTP/1.1 307 TEMPORARY_REDIRECT
Cache-Control: no-cache
Expires: Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:00 GMT
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 12:01:14 GMT
Pragma: no-cache
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 12:01:14 GMT
Pragma: no-cache
Server: Jetty(6.1.26)

curl: (7) couldn't connect to host

Whats the problem?

--
*With regards ---*
*Mohammad Mustaqeem*,

Re: Problem in uploading file in WebHDFS

Posted by Mohammad Mustaqeem <3m...@gmail.com>.
It was due to hostname in /etc/hosts that maps to some other ip.

--
*With regards ---*
*Mohammad Mustaqeem*,

Re: Problem in uploading file in WebHDFS

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
I think it should be the port which gets opened after TEMPORARY_REDIRECT.
It should probably be 50075, which here is 50070

Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.