Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by matt <go...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/30 04:32:57 UTC

Ignite File System (igfs) spillover to disk

Is it possible to have the IGFS component write to disk once heap/off-heap
consumption hits a certain threshold? I have a custom cache store for one
component of the app, but a different component requires temporary storage
of raw data; we're using igfs for this, but what happens if the file size is
much larger than the available RAM? Can igfs be configured to use the
(relatively new) native "DataStorage" feature to spillover from RAM to disk,
but then also have a specific cache use a custom store?

Thanks
- Matt

Re: Ignite File System (igfs) spillover to disk

Posted by Denis Mekhanikov <dm...@gmail.com>.
Matt,

You can configure FileSystemConfiguration#dataCacheConfiguration
<https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/configuration/FileSystemConfiguration.html#setDataCacheConfiguration-org.apache.ignite.configuration.CacheConfiguration->
and
specify a persisted data region for this cache.
XML configuration may look as follows:

<property name="fileSystemConfiguration">
    <list>
        <bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.FileSystemConfiguration">
            <property name="name" value="igfs"/>
            <property name="dataCacheConfiguration">
                <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.CacheConfiguration">
                    <property name="dataRegionName" value="igfsDataRegion"/>
                </bean>
            </property>
        </bean>
    </list>
</property>

<property name="dataStorageConfiguration">
    <bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.DataStorageConfiguration">
        <property name="dataRegionConfigurations">
            <list>
                <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.DataRegionConfiguration">
                    <property name="name" value="igfsDataRegion"/>
                    <property name="maxSize" value="#{1024L * 1024 * 1024}"/>
                    <property name="persistenceEnabled" value="true"/>
                </bean>
            </list>
        </property>
    </bean>