Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Igal Sapir <is...@apache.org> on 2019/12/18 02:18:09 UTC

Broken links on the website

Something went wrong on the website.  Specifically, the Download page for
9.0 [1] shows attributes that should be evaluated, e.g. [define
v]9.0.30[end].  That also breaks the download links which do not evaluate
the version number properly.

I can look into it tomorrow, but if someone more familiar with recent
changes can fix it that would be great.

Also, migrating the source to Git would be very helpful since if it were in
Git I could have looked into it now.  SVN is a bit more challenging for me
ATM.

Thank you,

Igal

[1] https://tomcat.apache.org/download-90

Re: Broken links on the website

Posted by Igal Sapir <is...@apache.org>.
Scratch that.

I don't know why Google is indexing the wrong page.  The actual Download
page [2] was a bit slow but renders properly.  Sorry about that.

Perhaps we can remove the wrong page or add a meta tag with a canonical tag
[3], e.g.
  <link rel="canonical" href="https://tomcat.apache.org/download-90.cgi" />

Igal

[2] https://tomcat.apache.org/download-90.cgi