Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com> on 2006/07/28 19:28:40 UTC

Rules for short spams?

I'm getting hammered with short spams.  Basically one line, a URI,
then about 2 more lines.

I've put a sample at http://www.espphotography.com/spam.txt . But
that's about what they generally are. Very short, to the point so to speak.

Any rules that would help these?

Thanks.

Evan

Re: Rules for short spams?

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.

http://www.uribl.com/ please add URI there if its missing

--
Benny

Re: Rules for short spams?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 11:03:12PM -0700, Evan Platt wrote:
> On a similiar note: I added
>
> urirhssub       URIBL_BLACK  multi.uribl.com.        A   2
> urirhssub       URIBL_GREY  multi.uribl.com.        A   4
>
> Any ideas?

Any reason you don't just use sa-update which has the uribl.com folks already
included, plus a bunch of other useful new rules?

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
 Fry: Lucy Liu-bot, if I don't survive the corn, I want you to know that I

Re: Rules for short spams?

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
At 10:40 AM 7/28/2006, you wrote:
>Enable network tests.  URIBL rules were basically invented for this
>type of spam, and they tend to work quite well.

It looks like I'm not, but I'm not able to see how to - I use
spamassassin on a os/x box. I call spamc from procmail

spamc -s 512000

All google search tells me to not call spamc with -l

On a similiar note: I added

urirhssub       URIBL_BLACK  multi.uribl.com.        A   2
body            URIBL_BLACK  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_BLACK')
describe        URIBL_BLACK  Contains an URL listed in the URIBL blacklist
tflags          URIBL_BLACK  net
score           URIBL_BLACK  3.0

urirhssub       URIBL_GREY  multi.uribl.com.        A   4
body            URIBL_GREY  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_GREY')
describe        URIBL_GREY  Contains an URL listed in the URIBL greylist
tflags          URIBL_GREY  net
score           URIBL_GREY  0.25

to my local.cf.

Now I'm seeing in my mail.log:

www spamd[269]: Use of uninitialized value in exists at
/Library/Perl/5.8.6/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/URIDNSBL.pm line 718,
<GEN4> line 384.\n

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Evan

Re: Rules for short spams?

Posted by Kelson <ke...@speed.net>.
Evan Platt wrote:
> I'm getting hammered with short spams.  Basically one line, a URI, then
> about 2 more lines.
> Any rules that would help these?

Enable network tests.  URIBL rules were basically invented for this type
of spam, and they tend to work quite well.

--
Kelson Vibber