Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Hans Dockter <ma...@dockter.biz> on 2008/09/26 16:02:09 UTC

Illegal XML in Maven POM's

Hi,

Maven seems to generate illegal XML for its pom's. For example if the
developers have a special character in there name.

Two examples:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/qdox/qdox/1.6/qdox-1.6.pom
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus/1.0.4/
plexus-1.0.4.pom

I have run lately a couple of times into problems with this. Maven
itself seems to be happy with that. Ivy definitely not:

[ivy:retrieve] :::: ERRORS
[ivy:retrieve]  The entity "oslash" was referenced, but not declared.

I had no time to check the Maven Jira if this is a known bug. My
posting is just for pointing this out. I'm not sure how far Ivy wants
to go with the Maven warts reverse engineering ;)

- Hans

--
Hans Dockter
Gradle Project lead