Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Zoran Avtarovski <zo...@sparecreative.com> on 2008/10/17 01:04:31 UTC

Execute and Wait Question

I have to build a list of display items from a legacy system which takes a
while to process.

I¹ve set up the execute and wait interceptor and that part of it is working
well.

Where I¹m running into problems is when the long running process is complete
and sitemesh. My decorator file has the refresh tag  which means that once I
display the list the page it refreshes after 5 seconds and starts the query
again.

I got around it by boolean flag in my action which is set to false on
completion and I have a s:if tag I my decorator around the refersh tag.

This seems like a hack to me and there must be a better way.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Z.