Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by RAJESH SEGU <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/18 08:41:57 UTC

[users@httpd] [HELP] Apache on Linux == WINDOWS APACHE ARCHITECTURE??

Hello friends!

I am involved in a development of some core modules to
apache. The major concern is that there is a lot
inmemory data that is shared across. I came to know
that apache in linux has a default configuration of
preform i.e., multi process. Is there any
architechture [MPM] which is equivalent to WINDOWS
apache architechture [single process multi threaded].
For now I am using the worker mpm and contrainting it
to single process multi threded by intelligently using
the httpd.conf.

I dont want to get into shared memory as I have to
specify the amount of memory intitially. Since I dont
know how much I have to store in inmemory.

Please point me whether this approch is correct . If
no how do I bring apache in linux working with single
process multi threaded.

Thanks in Advance.

Thank You.