Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Will Stevens <wi...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/03 00:43:46 UTC

RM after 4.9

Hello All,
As you all know, I am the RM for the 4.9 release.  Unfortunately, this is
not a position I will be able to maintain for the long term, so we should
start this discussion sooner rather than later.

I am actively working to simplify the RM role by working towards the
following goals:
- Get the cloudstack repo moved to the 'apache-cloudstack' github org so we
can use labels, etc so the community can better organize itself regarding
the status of different PRs
- Make it easier to setup distributed CI environments so the RM is not
responsible for all the CI.
- Build tooling to simplify contributing back the results of CI runs.
- Improve our set of 'standard tests' to be more complete yet still
manageable to be run on every PR.

I will continue to work towards lowering the bar for the RM, but we need to
start the conversation of who is next in line as the RM.  :)

Cheers,

Will

Re: RM after 4.9

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.
Woohoo!!!  Thank you Rajani.  This is awesome.  I will support you with CI
and will also be working out the final logistics to get the 'cloudstack'
repo moved from the 'apache' to 'apachecloudstack' github org which will
let us use github labels and such will let the community help track the
status of the different PRs, which will make a big difference for the RM
workload.

Let me know if you need anything.  :)

*Will STEVENS*
Lead Developer

*CloudOps* *| *Cloud Solutions Experts
w cloudops.com *|* tw @CloudOps_

Re: RM after 4.9

Posted by Rajani Karuturi <ra...@apache.org>.
Thanks Will and Mike..

Thanks John. we can work together with help from Will.

~Rajani

Accelerite CloudPlatform <http://cloudplatform.accelerite.com/>

Re: RM after 4.9

Posted by John Burwell <jo...@shapeblue.com>.
All,

john.burwell@shapeblue.comĀ

Re: RM after 4.9

Posted by "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mi...@netapp.com>.
Thanks, Rajani! :)

Re: RM after 4.9

Posted by Rajani Karuturi <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: RM after 4.9

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Will, you are taking RM work yet another step in to our future, good work.
I of course hope the next RM will make us almost forget your achievements
as you are making us work to remember your predecessors (building on their
work of course).

--
Daan

Re: RM after 4.9