Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Matt Ryan <os...@mvryan.org> on 2018/02/28 17:31:26 UTC

“Oak Vision” session at Oakathon?

Hi,

I’m wondering if anyone else would be interested in having a session at the
upcoming Oakathon to discuss a broader vision or plan for Oak over the next
couple of years.  In my way of thinking the purpose would be to step out of
the specific domains where we focus and talk more broadly about challenges
affecting Oak in general, and how we want to meet those challenges.

Some examples might be better support for deployment into containerized
environments, or improving horizontal scale capabilities, or leveraging
newer architectural approaches or capabilities (e.g. async operations with
message passing, or serverless capabilities, or…), etc.

I know I can just put it on the agenda. :)  I’m not sure if anyone else
feels like this would be a good use of time though, or maybe it isn’t in
line with the purpose of the Oakathon.  Also, usually if you put it on the
agenda you end up leading the discussion and maybe someone else would be
better to lead this discussion.

WDYT?

-MR