Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Arnold Poon <Ar...@oracle.com> on 2001/08/11 02:58:06 UTC

newbie question: vb(mssoap) w/ apache-soap 2.2

Hi,

    I am trying to get a visual basic sample (using latest MSSOAP) to work w/ the AddressBook2 sample that come w/ apache-soap 2.2. I got the AddressBook2 sample working but I would like to try to get MSSOAP to work also. My little VB script is giving me this:

"No Deserializer found to deserialized a ':name' using encoding style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/endcoding"
Source: SOAP-ENV:Client

    So besides getting a WSDL and installing the MSSOAP toolkit, what else do I need to do to get MSSOAP talks to Apache-SOAP?

***
VB src:

 Set SC = CreateObject("MSSOAP.SoapClient")
 Call SC.mssoapinit("AddressBook.wsdl","", "")

 wscript.echo SC.getAddressFromName("John B. Good")
***

    I have attached the wsdl file I am using (basically modifying from the one in the sample directory).

   Any help would be greatly appreciated

Arnold