Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Praveen Peddi <pp...@contextmedia.com> on 2005/02/16 03:52:08 UTC

array of recursive beans (doc/literal style)

I have a method getRootContainers that returns array of ContainerBean[]. Each ContainerBean has reference to an array of child ContainerBean[]. With Eugene's help I could make the array stuff work. the method sucessfully returns the array of COntainerBean[] and .NET reads it fine. But .NET client doesn't read them recursively. It only build the top level array fine but each ContainerBean has array of other ContainerBean. My service in wsdd looks as follows:

<service name="CMISOAPContainerService" provider="java:RPC" style="wrapped" use="literal">

<parameter name="allowedMethods" value="copyContainer createContainer deleteContainer getContainer getContainerIcon getContainerProperties getRootContainers getContainerObjects getContentObjectsForContainer getRootContainers moveContainer updateContainer createQueryContainer updateQueryContainer createTaxonomy"/>

<parameter name="scope" value="session"/>

<parameter name="className" value="com.contextmedia.ip.session.soap.CMISOAPContainerService"/>

<operation name="getRootContainers" qname="ns:getRootContainers" xmlns:ns="http://soap.session.ip.contextmedia.com"     returnQName="ns:item" returnType="ns:ContainerBean[]" >

    <parameter name="depth" qname="ns:depth" type="xsd:int" mode="IN" />

</operation>

<typemapping languageSpecificType="java:com.contextmedia.ip.session.soap.ContainerBean[]" qname="soapenc:Array" deserializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArrayDeserializerFactory" serializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArraySerializerFactory" encodingStyle="" xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>

<beanMapping qname="bean:ContainerBean" xmlns:bean="http://soap.session.ip.contextmedia.com" languageSpecificType="java:com.contextmedia.ip.session.soap.ContainerBean"/>

</service>

I had to add <operation> and <typeMapping> tags after seeing Eugene's sample. w/o those two tags, even the first level of ContainerBean[] was not working.

Not sure what else I am missing, How do I make the recursive bean stuff work? Is there any special configuration in WSDD file to make array of recursive beans work.

Thanks,
Praveen

Praveen Peddi
Sr Software Engg, Context Media, Inc.
email:ppeddi@contextmedia.com
Tel:  401.854.3475
Fax:  401.861.3596
web: http://www.contextmedia.com
Context Media- "The Leader in Enterprise Content Integration"