Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by wesleywj2 <we...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2013/01/21 15:05:28 UTC

T5.3 Select Component onValueChanged never fired

hi,

i recently implemented the country and state/province select component where
select particular country will load the state/province based on that
country. The problem is that when i changed the Value of select in country
component, the onValueChanged method never fired on server side. i put some
debug statement on this method, it never show anything. i just want it doing
it an AJAX way, but if the valueChanged method never triggered i can't do
anything about it.

i did open up a new sample tapestry 5 project and implement the same logic
and it works. i wondered what other things could have cause my main project
to fail. please advice..

regards,
wesley

Re: T5.3 Select Component onValueChanged never fired

Posted by wesleywj2 <we...@yahoo.co.uk>.
hi,

thanks for the reply, however i found out the culprit. it's my submit
button, it has a clickonce mixin which prevent the ajax method calling. when
i removed it, it works ok. i guess the mixin of clickonce is not working
very well now.

Re: T5.3 Select Component onValueChanged never fired

Posted by nquirynen <na...@pensionarchitects.be>.
Did you use the zone parameter for your select?

Here you find the documentation with an example:
http://tapestry.apache.org/current/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/Select.html
<http://tapestry.apache.org/current/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/Select.html>

Could be anything...

If you still didn't find it you should show your code, so we can help find
the problem.

Nathan