Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bin Chen <bi...@vmware.com> on 2017/01/19 06:32:47 UTC

https redirect failed for POST request when behind a load balancer

Hi, I've been looking for a solution to this question. We have a setup of a couple api servers running tomcat 7.0.65. For both servers we had http redirect to https set up so when people access to
http://my-api1:8080, it is automatically redirect to https://my-api1:8443  The redirect works fine for all our REST services. However, when we setup a load balancer in front of the two servers, and setup the redirect as following: http://api-lb:8080 to https://lb-api:8443, our POST was redirected as GET causing the request to fail. Is there any setup we can do to force the POST not being redirect to GET?

Many Thanks,

Bin

RE: https redirect failed for POST request when behind a load balancer

Posted by Bin Chen <bi...@vmware.com>.
Peter:
Checked F5 and found that it was the proper behavior of F5 in this http to https redirect. There is a way to use iRule to change that.

Thank you very much!

Bin

Posted by "Kreuser, Peter" <pk...@airplus.com>.
Bin,