Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Thai Thanh Ha <th...@psv.com.vn> on 2001/02/19 08:01:11 UTC

Problem with installing Structs WAR files

 Hi all!

  I have copied the WAR files in the Struts < /webapps > directory to Tomcat
< webapps > directory (struts-blank.war, struts-documentation.war,
struts-example.war, struts-template.war,
struts-test.war, struts-upload.war) . I'm using Tomcat 4.0-b1 , and
jakarta-struts-20010218.tar.gz

  I have started Tomcat and the WAR files all are unpacked. I could open
http://localhost:8080/struts-example,
http://localhost:8080/struts-documentation,... But after I stopped Tomcat,
all the JSP files in struts-example/ , struts-documentation/,... were
deleted. What's wrong? Please help me!

 Regards,
 Thai

Re: Problem with installing Structs WAR files

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Maya Muchnik wrote:

> Thank you Craig (from all of us) for all your clear, helpful answers.
> One more. Has unpacking of an application or not unpacking (using *war file) any
> influence for Tomcat performance? People in j2ee.sun.com user list compliant with
> Tomcat performance, specially 3.1

Tomcat 3.1 has many problems, performance being only one of them.  I do not consider
Tomcat 3.1 to be a viable platform for deploying Struts applications.  Tomcat 3.2 fixes
(literally) hundreds of bugs that are present in 3.1, and has much better performance as
well.  Tomcat 4.0 performance hasn't been measured formally, but in many cases appears to
be substantially faster than 3.2 (especially if your client knows how to do HTTP/1.1
persistent connections).

Future work in Tomcat 4.0 will also focus on improving the performance of JSP pages that
use custom tags heavily (as is typical of Struts based applications).

Craig

Re: Problem with installing Structs WAR files

Posted by Maya Muchnik <mm...@pumatech.com>.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.

Posted by Maya Muchnik <mm...@pumatech.com>.

Posted by Jim Richards <gr...@cyber4.org>.