Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mehul S Dave <me...@tifr.res.in> on 2001/08/21 09:01:30 UTC

tomcat-SSL

Hi
   I have configured tomcat-SSL as an Standalone.
   Its working Fine
   I have used JSSE
   Well i need some more step-by step dtails for more Secured
Authentication. In the Server.XML in the SSL phase if i set
   parameter=clientAuth value=true then it will expect clients Certificate
too from the Client side. I wanna know on the Server side how do i have
the clients Certificate for Authentication.
Or any other Steps for Client Authentication with respect to Certificates.
Thanking you.
Bye

Mehul S Dave
Scientific Officer, (STCS Dept.),
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
Phone - 2152971 Extn - 2372
Mumbai .
webpage:- http://www.ecom.tifr.res.in/~mehul

RE: tomcat-SSL

Posted by Rams <ra...@cmcltd.com>.
The jsse classes do on part of you.
no need for u to do anything even in case of client authentication, as we do
nothing in server Authentication.
lf u r connecting as client to other severs and they need client
Authentication.
u should have ur client cert in ur keystore.

Am l making sense?

--Rams