Posted to general@commons.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org> on 2003/04/18 00:10:57 UTC

SVN Authentication was Re: [STATUS] (commons) Thu Apr 3 13:45:56 EST 2003

--On Friday, April 04, 2003 08:58:25 -0500 Garrett Rooney
<ro...@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:

> i'm not sure what the current repos has set up, but i suspect it's just
> all or nothing HTTP auth.

Read ops don't require authentication, while write ops do.  For those with
access to icarus, the htpasswd file is in /x2/svn/asf-committers.  Anyone
with apcvs group membership can modify that file (which is everyone with
commit access to some CVS repository, I think).

We really need to get SSL setup, but various people have been a real drag
on getting the certs.  I've lost my window of opportunity to set it up for
a while now.  -- justin