Posted to cvs@cocoon.apache.org by re...@apache.org on 2007/05/01 13:47:15 UTC

svn commit: r534018 - in /cocoon: trunk/tools/cocoon-rcl/cocoon-rcl-plugin/ whiteboard/old-maven-plugins/cocoon-rcl-plugin/

Author: reinhard
Date: Tue May  1 04:47:14 2007
New Revision: 534018

Log:
keep the old maven plugins easily accessible
for some time

Added:
    cocoon/whiteboard/old-maven-plugins/cocoon-rcl-plugin/
      - copied from r534017, cocoon/trunk/tools/cocoon-rcl/cocoon-rcl-plugin/
Removed:
    cocoon/trunk/tools/cocoon-rcl/cocoon-rcl-plugin/

Re: svn commit: r534018 - in /cocoon: trunk/tools/cocoon-rcl/cocoon-rcl-plugin/ whiteboard/old-maven-plugins/cocoon-rcl-plugin/

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Poetz napisał(a):
>> I see little discussion on the mailing list
>
> that's unfortunatly true but I can't do more than announcing things
> (http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=117705703514534&w=2). If nobody
> answers for more than 10 days!, I except that others agree.

Oups. I did not respond to your e-mail at first time because I wasn't sure why we need this deployer plug-in at all and
I had not dug later on.
Sorry for that. I'll ask my questions in original thread.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
Andrew Savory wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 1 May 2007, at 12:47, reinhard@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: reinhard
>> Date: Tue May  1 04:47:14 2007
>> New Revision: 534018

>> Log:
>> keep the old maven plugins easily accessible
>> for some time
>>
>> Added:
>>     cocoon/whiteboard/old-maven-plugins/cocoon-rcl-plugin/
>>       - copied from r534017,
>> cocoon/trunk/tools/cocoon-rcl/cocoon-rcl-plugin/
>> Removed:
>>     cocoon/trunk/tools/cocoon-rcl/cocoon-rcl-plugin/
>
> *sigh*
>
> Reinhard, you're making my life _VERY_ difficult :-(
>
> I see little discussion on the mailing list

that's unfortunatly true but I can't do more than announcing things
(http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=117705703514534&w=2). If nobody answers
for more than 10 days!, I except that others agree.

> about this sort of change
> (other than a brief "I've started to merge" a couple of days ago). I'm
> happy that you're doing the work, but not happy at the pain it causes.

sorry for this.

> I'm trying to keep track of 2.2, document changes, and write slides on
> using it ... but it's a frustrating experience! Having to trawl through
> commit messages to find when things are about to move is painful.

Though I think that this statement is not really fair, I understand your
frustration.

> never know when a clean build on a new box is going to fail, because
> jars are suddenly missing, moved or whatever. This has pretty much been
> my experience for the last couple of months :-(
>
> If you're at Apachecon, maybe we can have a beer and you can help me
> understand all this?

sure

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

Posted by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk>.
Hi,

On 1 May 2007, at 12:47, reinhard@apache.org wrote:

> Author: reinhard
> Date: Tue May  1 04:47:14 2007
> New Revision: 534018

> Log:
> keep the old maven plugins easily accessible
> for some time
>
> Added:
>     cocoon/whiteboard/old-maven-plugins/cocoon-rcl-plugin/
>       - copied from r534017, cocoon/trunk/tools/cocoon-rcl/cocoon-
> rcl-plugin/
> Removed:
>     cocoon/trunk/tools/cocoon-rcl/cocoon-rcl-plugin/

*sigh*

Reinhard, you're making my life _VERY_ difficult :-(

I see little discussion on the mailing list about this sort of change
(other than a brief "I've started to merge" a couple of days ago).
I'm happy that you're doing the work, but not happy at the pain it
causes.

I'm trying to keep track of 2.2, document changes, and write slides
on using it ... but it's a frustrating experience! Having to trawl
through commit messages to find when things are about to move is
painful. I never know when a clean build on a new box is going to
fail, because jars are suddenly missing, moved or whatever. This has
pretty much been my experience for the last couple of months :-(

If you're at Apachecon, maybe we can have a beer and you can help me
understand all this?

Thanks,

Andrew.
--
Andrew Savory, Managing Director, Sourcesense UK
Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135