Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Martin Edge <Ma...@intellimail.com.au> on 2012/09/11 05:00:36 UTC

PDF Image / PDF Box / Fop

Hi,

Trying to use PDF image on the latest FOP 1.1 rc1 and latest PDF-Image -

I get this for my source PDF (which in this case, is a blank pdf)

Could not convert FO to PDF: Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
org/apache/fop/render/pdf/pdfbox/PDFBoxAdapter, method: cloneForNewDocument
signature:
(Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/util/Collection;)Ljava/lang/Objec
t;) Incompatible argument to function

                at
org.apache.fop.render.pdf.pdfbox.AbstractPDFBoxHandler.createFormForPDF(Abst
ractPDFBoxHandler.java:90)

                at
org.apache.fop.render.pdf.pdfbox.PDFBoxImageHandler.handleImage(PDFBoxImageH
andler.java:57)

                at
org.apache.fop.render.intermediate.AbstractIFPainter.drawImage(AbstractIFPai
nter.java:228)

                at
org.apache.fop.render.intermediate.AbstractIFPainter.drawImage(AbstractIFPai
nter.java:184)

                at
org.apache.fop.render.intermediate.AbstractIFPainter.drawImageUsingImageHand
ler(AbstractIFPainter.java:149)

                at
org.apache.fop.render.intermediate.AbstractIFPainter.drawImageUsingURI(Abstr
actIFPainter.java:271)

Thought might be of interest as I believe 1.1 is almost ready to go.

Thanks

Martin.

RE: PDF Image / PDF Box / Fop

Posted by Martin Edge <Ma...@intellimail.com.au>.
Hey Pascal,

Strange - I do have that version, but yes, it was a binary. I will build it myself and give it a go

Thanks
Martin

Posted by Pascal Sancho <ps...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin,

--
pascal

RE: PDF Image / PDF Box / Fop

Which version of the pdf-image plugin did you use? Looking at that error it
looks as if you've got incompatible binaries. The FOP1.1rc1 requires the
latest pdf-image plugin, I've tested it with a few documents and works fine,
so try checking out trunk and compiling it.

Hope that helps

Mehdi

On 11 September 2012 04:05, Martin Edge <Ma...@intellimail.com.au>
wrote: