Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Horton, Anne B" <an...@lmco.com> on 2009/06/04 15:13:41 UTC

Simple question on packaging a Java Application

Say you have a Java application (j2Se) and it has some dependent
modules.   Easy - right???

How do I get the Java application packaged as a jar when in my
<packaging> clause in the Java application pom.xml is "pom"?

Re: Simple question on packaging a Java Application

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
On Thursday 04 June 2009 Horton, Anne B wrote:
> Say you have a Java application (j2Se) and it has some dependent
> modules.   Easy - right???
>

> How do I get the Java application packaged as a jar when in my
> <packaging> clause in the Java application pom.xml is "pom"?

Why do you use <packaging> "pom" for a java application? This way your java
files wouldn't even get compiled (without extra configuration).

You could use the Appassembler maven plugin [0], but I don't know how well
it works with packaging pom.

hth,
- martin

[0] http://mojo.codehaus.org/appassembler/appassembler-maven-plugin/

Re: Simple question on packaging a Java Application

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 9:13 AM, Horton, Anne B <an...@lmco.com> wrote:
> Say you have a Java application (j2Se) and it has some dependent
> modules.   Easy - right???
>

> How do I get the Java application packaged as a jar when in my
> <packaging> clause in the Java application pom.xml is "pom"?

create another module that packages everything into the jar via the
assembly plugin.

-Wes

--
Wes Wannemacher