Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk> on 2004/06/30 11:15:30 UTC

How to include forms transformer in cocoon.war?

In my local.blocks.properties, I have excluded all the unstable blocks
except forms.
In my local.build.properties, I have excluded samples.

Now, when I test this build, with a sitemap pipeline entry
including an entry:
 <map:transform type="forms"/>

this doesn't cause a problem (I wouldn't expect it to).

But when I build cocoon.war and eploy that onto my live system,
accessing this sitemap causes an error message to the effect that
there is not transformer of type="forms".

This is cocoon 2.1.5.

Is there something else I have to set to get this into the war? Where
is it supposed to exist?
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire

Re: Where i can find summary of question and answer to help other's not ask the same question

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
andi wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Where i can find the question and the answer that has been posted by any one
> else.
> If there's not plase to see the summaries question and answer the same
> question will be
> asked again and again.
>
> I Hope my idea will be useful

It is a useful idea. There are many questions that continually
get asked. Anyone is free to add to our Frequently Asked Questions:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/faq/
If you cannot manage a patch in the xdocs format, then just send
a text version to this mailing list. However, as Derek said, it is
very difficult to keep those FAQs and the Wiki pages up-to-date.
If each person in this big community helped just a tiny bit, then
we would get there - the power of community.

--
David Crossley

Re: Where i can find summary of question and answer to help other's not ask the same question

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Are you subscribed to the mailing list?

If not you can also read the threads in different mail archives
(http://cocoon.apache.org/community/mail-archives.html) or at gmane.org
(http://news.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.user).

Joerg

Re: How to include forms transformer in cocoon.war?

Posted by Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk>.

    Peter> Hello Colin, Check that you have cocoon-forms-block.jar in
    Peter> WEB-INF/lib directory.  If it is so add the following line

it is, and it's in the war.

    Peter> <map:transformer logger="forms" name="forms"
    Peter> src="org.apache.cocoon.forms.transformation.FormsTemplateTransformer"/>
    Peter> to map:sitemap/map:components/map:transformers path of your
    Peter> sitemap.xmap

Done that.
Thanks.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire

Re: How to include forms transformer in cocoon.war?

Posted by Peter Velychko <v_...@ukr.net>.
Hello Colin,

--
Best regards,
Peter Velychko

Re: How to include forms transformer in cocoon.war?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 30.06.2004 12:09, Colin Paul Adams wrote:

> I think I am going to have to write my own (when bug #29854 can be
> sorted out). There are too many problems with the samples ones (like
> using transitional DTD rather than CSS - the latter approach makes
> styling customization easier).

You are really nagging on this issue, aren't you? ;-)
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-cvs&m=108862151322458&w=4

Joerg

Re: How to include forms transformer in cocoon.war?

Posted by Tim Larson <ti...@keow.org>.
On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 11:09:16AM +0100, Colin Paul Adams wrote:

>     Joerg> If you exclude the samples, the default cforms stylesheets
>     Joerg> are neither in the war. You must copy them by hand then.
>
> If that is the case, then presumably the intention is that you DO have
> to write your own.
> Since surely no-one is going to include the cocoon samples in a live
> deployment?

The intention is that you can use them as-is, modify them to suit
your needs, or write your own from scratch.  No, the samples would
not usually be included in live deployment, but that should not stop
anyone from copying the general stylesheets from the samples into
their live deployment and and having the possibility of customizing
them as needed.  For example, you express additional/different needs
below, and I am guessing you are taking these "sample" stylesheets
and using the ideas and possibly parts of the code to morph them
into what you need.

> I think I am going to have to write my own (when bug #29854 can be
> sorted out). There are too many problems with the samples ones (like
> using transitional DTD rather than CSS - the latter approach makes
> styling customization easier).

I am sure any well-written enhancements or alternative set(s) of
stylesheets would be very welcome if you would want to contribute them.

--Tim Larson

Re: How to include forms transformer in cocoon.war?

Posted by Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk>.

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 30.06.2004 11:15, Colin Paul Adams wrote:

> In my local.blocks.properties, I have excluded all the unstable blocks
> except forms.
> In my local.build.properties, I have excluded samples.
>
> Now, when I test this build, with a sitemap pipeline entry
> including an entry:
>  <map:transform type="forms"/>
>
> this doesn't cause a problem (I wouldn't expect it to).
>
> But when I build cocoon.war and eploy that onto my live system,
> accessing this sitemap causes an error message to the effect that
> there is not transformer of type="forms".
>
> This is cocoon 2.1.5.
>
> Is there something else I have to set to get this into the war? Where
> is it supposed to exist?

If you exclude the samples, the default cforms stylesheets are neither
in the war. You must copy them by hand then.

But if you say it is the forms transformer it is one step before. When
having problems only on specific systems the first thing to look at is
the endorsed libs problem.

Joerg