Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Brian Durden <su...@zebra.net> on 1997/07/23 08:20:02 UTC

mod_access/898: permissions: you are forbidden to access this directory

>Number:         898
>Category:       mod_access
>Synopsis:       permissions: you are forbidden to access this directory
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
i have a new updateable dynamic dyn-address at ml.org and i want to use apache
as my web server, but i make a seperate login and it has seperate everything
i run the web server, and i try to access the site localhost/~Xenocide
and it tells me i am forbidden to go there, i've looked and scanned the security
documentation on your site, and i have tried everything i could find, but i
still get the same error, i've worked on this problem for days and i just can't
get it to work
>How-To-Repeat:
you'd have to find me online at the time, i am making a shell script for auto
dial and the maintaining of a connection with automatic redial and updates of
my dns at ml.org...
>Fix:
help me find a way to change the permissions in a way that i haven't found ye