Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sanjeev Sharma <sa...@buchanan-edwards.com> on 2012/05/07 21:36:25 UTC

JDBC Connection over VPN

Hi,

Not sure if this is a Tomcat issue.  When I connect directly to a network and startup my tomcat 7, my JDBC connection to an Oracle 11g network works just fine, but if I tunnel into the same network, JDBC fails to connect to the database.  At the same time I'm able to make a connection to the same database using SQL Developer/SQL Plus.  My network people tell me that all ports are open to me and when they try to capture packets coming from me, they see nothing if I'm starting up my tomcat.  I'm not a Network or VPN expert, but as far as I know, at the application level it should behave just as if I'm connected directly to the network and shouldn't have to worry about which network adapter to use (built in or VPN), and shouldn't have to worry about routing.  I'm at a complete loss, so I'm just hoping there is magical tomcat setting which will fix my problem.  Any help would be appreciated .

Thanks.

RE: JDBC Connection over VPN

Posted by Sanjeev Sharma <sa...@buchanan-edwards.com>.
Found a solutions for this.  Apparently Java 7 wraps IPV4 addresses as IPV6, which is not supported by Cisco Anyconnect.  Turning of IPV6 on the Cisco VPN adapter (Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections) fixed the problem.

Posted by Sanjeev Sharma <sa...@buchanan-edwards.com>.
Telnet seems to connect.

Re: JDBC Connection over VPN

Posted by Saurabh Makol <sa...@gmail.com>.