Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2008/05/07 18:48:51 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.1.0

The ActiveMQ team is pleased to announce the release of ActiveMQ 5.1.0.
This release fixes a large number of bugs that were in the 5.0.0 which
only expose themselves when the broker is used in anger.  It is highly
recommended that all 5.0.0 users upgrade to 5.1.0 as soon a possible.

You can download the release from:
http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-510-release.html

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA
http://open.iona.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.1.0

Posted by Arjen van der Meijden <ac...@tweakers.net>.
Hi,

We were seeing that same issue with 5.0 as well. But with 5.1 it seems
to be gone.

Here is a graph of the JVM's garbage collection with 5.0, the line
represents the 'Used tenured + new' i.e. if the general trend is up, its
the Old Gen that increases:
http://achelois.tweakers.net/~acm/tnet/activemq-5.0-memory.png

As you can see, the used memory continuously grows, forcing the garbage
collector to increase the frequency of full collects (the drops happen
more frequently).

The 5.1-graph is much prettier:
http://achelois.tweakers.net/~acm/tnet/activemq-5.1-memory.png

There could probably be some more gc-tuning, given the behaviour early
on (those huge peak were actually noticable in the producing entities),
but in the long run, its memory consumption stays pretty stable.

Afaik I didn't change too much to the activemq-configuration.

Best regards,

Arjen

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Has anyone managed to reproduce AMQ-1662 on 5.1.0?

2008/5/8 realSri <ko...@washington.edu>:

>  Hi,
>
>  Reg: AMQ 5.0 Stable release "PS Old Gen" Memory is growing continuously
>  (http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1662)
>
>  Thanks for the 5.1 release ! Could you please give an update on the status
>  of the above issue ? Since there is no response, it is not clear if the
>  issue is fixed in 5.1.
>
>  Thanks
>  - Sridhar
>

>  Hiram Chirino wrote:
>  >
>  > The ActiveMQ team is pleased to announce the release of ActiveMQ 5.1.0.
>  > This release fixes a large number of bugs that were in the 5.0.0 which
>  > only expose themselves when the broker is used in anger.  It is highly
>  > recommended that all 5.0.0 users upgrade to 5.1.0 as soon a possible.
>  >
>  > You can download the release from:
>  > http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-510-release.html
>  >