Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2016/01/05 03:28:10 UTC

[FLEXJS] FlexJS Event in San Francisco

Hi,

I have received permission from my managers to host an Apache FlexJS event
at the Adobe office in San Francisco.  I want to use this thread to
finalize plans for the event.  My current thinking is that it will be a
one-day, all-day event.  A couple of presentations from me and Om about
FlexJS in the morning, a lunch break, then a lab/hackathon in the
afternoon.  It will be an opportunity to learn more about FlexJS and ask
questions face-to-face.  The afternoon session is designed to try to get
you up and running on FlexJS and ask more questions.

I need to choose one day during the week of April 4-8.  So if you have a
strong preference for Wednesday or whatever, speak up now otherwise I will
probably choose Monday the 4th.

Space is limited.  The room can hold around 20 people in a chair and table
configuration, 40 or so if it is just chairs, so if more than one person
from a business wants to attend, we might need to put folks on the waiting
list.  If we get lots more demand than that we can think about other
venues.  Also, I may run a similar event in Seattle later, and an open to
replicating this format in other cities if folks can provide the room.

This event is currently free, although we might start a fund to cover food
or maybe t-shirts or something.  Your response to this email won't be
considered your registration for this event until we finalize the format,
date and price.  Then I'll send another email with more official
registration information.

Thanks,
-Alex

Re: [FLEXJS] FlexJS Event in San Francisco

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 1/5/16, 4:41 PM, "Michael Schmalle" <te...@gmail.com> wrote:

>To bad you can't have a portion streaming with some chat.

I'm open to ideas on how to do that.  I don't know this conference room at
all, it was built since I was last based in SF and in a building "down the
road" from the main Adobe SF building.  I do have my Adobe Acrobat Connect
account so I can use that if it would help.  I would prefer not to have to
always share my computer screen all day long and worry about what it looks
like to those not there.   Some Adobe rooms have a computer already in it
that might be usable as the generic meeting broadcast hub.

I've pondered whether we could collect enough funds to convince John
Wilker, the 360|Flex conference coordinator, to help out with registration
and maybe some of these logistics.

Posted by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com>.

AW: [FLEXJS] FlexJS Event in San Francisco

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
I would live to come, but it would have to be before/after apache con in May ... Could it be an option to do this in May instead? My boss will not pay two intercontinental flights within one month :-)

if it was one month later we could also maybe add one non-conference day for a maven crash course and of course I would offer to do some flexjs-with-maven session.

Chris

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Not stupid.

New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.

Basically it refers to a radius around New York City.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.

Von: Sanatkumar Dhir <sk...@gmail.com>
Datum: 05.01.2016 03:34 (GMT+01:00)
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Cc: users@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: [FLEXJS] FlexJS Event in San Francisco

I suggest to have similar event in Tri State Area.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
It might be possible.  Let's see who else would be interested.

-Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Sanatkumar Dhir <sk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sanatkumar Dhir <sk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
As long as the timing works out, I can probably make it to Frankfurt.

(Of course, Israel would be easier…) ;-)

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.