Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Stijn Christiaens <st...@vub.ac.be> on 2006/01/11 16:32:33 UTC

Axis problem

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some help on Axis.
I've created a wsdd file that auto-starts my webservice:

 <service name="Calculateur" provider="java:RPC">
  <parameter name="className"
value="vub.starlab.portal.pages.webservices.Calculator"/>
 </service>

</deployment>

When I access the address for the service, it says that there is an Axis
service present (woohoo!), but when I go to the AxisServlet and ask for
the WSDL it says it cannot generate it (not so woohoo!).

So in the next try I added a wsdlFile parameter to the wsdd in which I
placed a java2WSDL created wsdl file (for the Calculator class). Still
Axis tells me the service is present, but that it cannot generate the
wsdl file.

However on the url .../services/Calculateur it says there is a web
service, but on the wsdl url .../services/Calculateur?wsdl it says it
cannot generate a wsdl file, because there is no web service at the
address.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for all the assistance!

Ciao,

Stijn

Re: Axis problem (thanks!)

Posted by Stijn Christiaens <st...@vub.ac.be>.
It seems there were more people with this problem and found this on the
net about generating the wsdd file with the AdminClient and making
changing in that file.

So, mysteriously it is solved.
Below is a copy of the wsdd file

  <globalConfiguration>
   <parameter name="sendXsiTypes" value="true"/>
   <parameter name="sendMultiRefs" value="true"/>
   <parameter name="sendXMLDeclaration" value="true"/>
   <parameter name="axis.sendMinimizedElements" value="true"/>
   <requestFlow>
    <handler type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.JWSHandler">
     <parameter name="scope" value="session"/>
    </handler>
    <handler type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.JWSHandler">
     <parameter name="scope" value="request"/>
     <parameter name="extension" value=".jwr"/>
    </handler>
   </requestFlow>
  </globalConfiguration>

  <handler name="LocalResponder"
type="java:org.apache.axis.transport.local.LocalResponder"/>
  <handler name="URLMapper"
type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.http.URLMapper"/>
  <handler name="Authenticate"
type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.SimpleAuthenticationHandler"/>

  <transport name="http">
   <requestFlow>
    <handler type="URLMapper"/>
    <handler type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.http.HTTPAuthHandler"/>
   </requestFlow>
  </transport>

  <transport name="local">
   <responseFlow>
    <handler type="LocalResponder"/>
   </responseFlow>
  </transport>

 <service name="Calculateur" provider="java:RPC">
  <parameter name="className"
value="vub.starlab.portal.pages.webservices.Calculator"/>
  <wsdlFile>/Calculateur.wsdl</wsdlFile>
 </service>

</deployment>

Re: Axis problem

Posted by Stijn Christiaens <st...@vub.ac.be>.
Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, my server log is not showing
anything, but I will drill down a little deeper in the loglevels.
Fingers crossed.

Re: Axis problem

Posted by Frank <fg...@optonline.net>.