Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Fergus O'Dalaigh <Fe...@netscape.net> on 2002/11/14 09:40:40 UTC

Unable to initialize context error with EJB on IPlanet (iAS 6.0)

Hi, I've deployed normal Java classes as services on the SOAP web app, but I really need to use EJB's as services.

I'm using iAS 6.0 (iPlanet Application Server) and SOAP 2.3.1.

I get a "Unable to initialize context" error when I run my SOAP client.
Here is my SOAP deployment descriptor:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<isd:service xmlns:isd="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/deployment"
            id="urn:ejbhello">
 <isd:provider type="org.apache.soap.providers.StatelessEJBProvider"
               scope="Application"
               methods="create">
   <isd:option key="JNDIName" value="TheGreeter"/>
   <isd:option key="FullHomeInterfaceName"
           value="samples.helloworld.ejb.GreeterHome" />
   <isd:option key="ContextProviderURL"value="iiop://localhost:900" />
   <isd:option key="FullContextFactoryName"
           value="com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtxFactory"/>
 </isd:provider>
<isd:faultListener>org.apache.soap.server.DOMFaultListener
</isd:faultListener>
</isd:service>

I think the problem lies with value of ContextProviderURL, since I couldn't track down the actual naming provider URL to use with IPlanet.

The EJB is deployed and working on the server.
I also copied the EJB jar file <ias home>/APPS/modules/soap/WEB-INF/lib

Has anyone out there managed to do this?

Fergus, Barcelona Spain.

Re: Unable to initialize context error with EJB on IPlanet (iAS 6.0)

Posted by Raghavan Srinivasan <ra...@iplanet.com>.
one way would be to tweak
org/apache/soap/providers/StatelessEJBProvider.java  to use the
following mechanism to create the InitialContext  . iAS 6.0 supports the
"no args" mechanism of creating the IntitialContext inside the container .

try
{
  /// current mechanism
  javax.naming.InitialContext context = new
javax.naming.InitialContext(props) ;
}
catch (NameNotFoundException e)
{
        context = new javax.naming.InitialContext() ; // no args .
}

-Raghavan

Posted by Raghavan Srinivasan <ra...@iplanet.com>.
one way would be to tweak