Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/14 04:10:20 UTC

Oozie permissions, task controllers, appTokens

What is the permissions model for appTokens and other job specific files submitted via oozie command line job submissions?  I'm finding that my Linux task controllers are breaking because they don't have permissions to read the appTokens .

Re: Oozie permissions, task controllers, appTokens

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks again mona:

1) Not sure what the purpose of the auth.token is - is that required for
running Linux TaskControllers?

2) Is it customary to submit jobs as user "oozie"?

Is there a doc on this somewhere ?  Im not an oozie expert : just want my
user "tom" to be able to submit jobs that the LinuxTaskControllers (running
as "tom") can see - im afraid though that if i run "oozie", it might not
work properly with the yarn LXC .

Anyways, let me know if im missing something.

Re: Oozie permissions, task controllers, appTokens

Posted by Mona Chitnis <ch...@yahoo-inc.com>.
The permissions for the .oozie.auth.token are 600. If you are submitting
Oozie jobs as a different user (task controller) than yourself, consider
authorizing as that user first.