Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Johnson, Garrett" <Jo...@cbsnews.com> on 2002/12/16 17:18:44 UTC

Apache HTTPD 2.0 / Tomcat 4.1 Workflow?

I'm curious:

What is the workflow sequence when one has Apache and Tomcat running
together?

Assuming an environment of:
Apache 2.0 (@ port 80)
Tomcat 4.1 (@ port 8080)
mod_jk 1.2 (ajp 1.3)
Win2K Pro

I understand that that Apache is listening at a particular location, (let's
assume for the purposes of this discussion that it's at port 80,) but after
it recieves the HTTP request, where does it send it?  Which lines in the
config of Apache and jk moderate which requests get intercepted and where
they go?

Once it gets sent off, who recieves the request at that point?  Tomcat?  JK?
If it's Tomcat, where does Tomcat recieve it, before or after _IT_ does it's
<servlet-mapping> directives?  I'm trying to _understand_ the workflow,
since most other cases just involve someone giving just a specific example
that doesn't necessarily cover all arbitrary cases.  What I'd really LOVE to
see is some sort of logical decision diagram, such as:

----------      ----------      --------      --------
|Apache  |      |JK      |      |Tomcat|      |Apache|
|Decision| ---> |Decision| ---> |Output| ---> |Output|
----------      ----------      --------      --------

Complete with diamond if-then-else decisions and references to what config
settings moderate each decision.

This is a bit much to ask, but I think if it _could_ be done, it'd be
super-useful, not just to me but to everyone using Apache, Tomcat, and
mod-jk.

Thanks in advance...

Apache,Tomcat and JK configuration problem

Posted by Ming Zhao <fl...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

When I finished the configuration of Apache http
2.0.4, Tomcat 4.1.12 LE and mod_jk2-2.0.4, I got the
information:
org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
APR not loaded, disabling jni components:
java.io.IOException: no jkjni in java.library.path
org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
Jk running ID=0 time=0/40
config=C:\Tomcat\conf\jk2.properties.

I did anything as some suggestions getten from this
mail list. I don't know why APR cannot be loaded. So
it cannot deal with jsp file with Tomcat. Anyone help
me? It took me at leat two weeks to try solving this
problem. Thanks very much,

CMing