Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com> on 2014/11/29 16:29:22 UTC

Removing LB cartridge specific code from Stratos

Hi all,

It seems now we can handle LB cartridge as a part of group definition, and
not as a special cartridge. Therefore we can do $subject.

Wdyt?

Thanks.

Lahiru Sandaruwan
Committer and PMC member, Apache Stratos,
Senior Software Engineer,
WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
lean.enterprise.middleware

email: lahirus@wso2.com blog: http://lahiruwrites.blogspot.com/

Re: Removing LB cartridge specific code from Stratos

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.
We have removed most of the code... We have to remove cartridge json LB
configuration as well,

      "loadBalancer": {

        "type": "lb",

        "property": {

            "name": "no.load.balancer",

            "value": "true"

        }

      }

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.
Thanks for the replies. I will proceed.

Thanks.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
+1 A good thought! This would simplify the logic, agree with Lakmal on the
default load balancer scenario.

wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 10:43 PM, Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> With the grouping, we can achieve service aware LB by keeping the LB per
>> service group. But, how can we address the default LB issue, since we keep
>> the LB for all the subscription earlier? Can we consider having a LB per
>> Application is default LB case?
>>

> +1 for LB define part of dependency in an application. If we want LB for
> Full PaaS, we can just deploy LB cartridge to listen all services. I think
> we may need to have to pass external LB info into cartridge
>

>> Thanks,
>> Reka
>>
>> On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 8:59 PM, Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> It seems now we can handle LB cartridge as a part of group definition,
>>> and not as a special cartridge. Therefore we can do $subject.
>>>
>>> Wdyt?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> --
>>> --
>>> Lahiru Sandaruwan
>>> Committer and PMC member, Apache Stratos,
>>> Senior Software Engineer,
>>> WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
>>> lean.enterprise.middleware
>>>
>>> email: lahirus@wso2.com blog: http://lahiruwrites.blogspot.com/
>>> linked-in: http://lk.linkedin.com/pub/lahiru-sandaruwan/16/153/146
>>>

>> --
>> Reka Thirunavukkarasu
>> Senior Software Engineer,
>> WSO2, Inc.:http://wso2.com,
>> Mobile: +94776442007
>>

> --
> Lakmal Warusawithana
> Vice President, Apache Stratos
> Director - Cloud Architecture; WSO2 Inc.
> Mobile : +94714289692

Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: Removing LB cartridge specific code from Stratos

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.

--
Blog : http://lakmalsview.blogspot.com/

Re: Removing LB cartridge specific code from Stratos

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.