Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2003/12/04 21:43:55 UTC

Ctrl+C doesn't work with Ant in Cygwin

This is a strange problem -  I couldn't seem to find a solution from
google or the mailing list archives.  It happens on my Windows XP
machine and a Win2K Server box at work.  When I run "ant" or "ant.bat"
in cygwin, I can't Ctrl+C to cancel the process.  I do get a prompt
again, but the process continues after that.  Any ideas?  I'm pretty
sure it's ant because I can "ping yahoo.com" and Ctrl+C out of it
halfway through.

Thanks,

Matt

RE: Ctrl+C doesn't work with Ant in Cygwin

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
This is the release I have installed.  Oh well, it's good to know it's a
Cygwin issue and not Ant.

Thanks,

Matt

 http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2003-09/msg00100.html
- Fix for occasional "CTRL-C doesn't respond" problem.  (Christopher
Faylor)Cheers,Antoine"Matt Raible" <ma...@raibledesigns.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:002b01c3baa7$56a7d410$c700a8c0@raibledesigns.home...

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com>.
Hi Matt,

Posted by "Denis N. Antonioli" <an...@ifi.unizh.ch>.
On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Matt Raible wrote:

> This is a strange problem -  I couldn't seem to find a solution from
> google or the mailing list archives.  It happens on my Windows XP
> machine and a Win2K Server box at work.  When I run "ant" or "ant.bat"
> in cygwin, I can't Ctrl+C to cancel the process.  I do get a prompt
> again, but the process continues after that.  Any ideas?  I'm pretty
> sure it's ant because I can "ping yahoo.com" and Ctrl+C out of it
> halfway through.

Which terminal are you using?

Everything was fine as long as I let my shell run in Windows' terminal
(i.e. just have a line tcsh -l in my cygwin.bat), but I observed the
same behaviour when I switched to rxvt (i.e. with a line rxvt -e tcsh -l
in my cygwin.bat).

Best
	dna

--
  For many applications, C++ is still the best choice when you don't want
  to compromise between elegance and efficiency.