Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by "Jackson, Douglas" <do...@siemens.com> on 2009/03/30 18:11:56 UTC

setting up Ode to run as a war file

Hi!
I don't see anything in the documentation mentioning org.apache.ode.rootDir for deploying Ode as a war file (rather than expanded war).

I think it would make sense to describe what an administrator has to do when deploying Ode that way.  I pointed the rootDir at an empty directory and Ode failed saying there was no conf directory in it.  So apparently I have to copy those things out of the war file - it would be nice if that were documented.  Is that something that Ode could do itself (If the rootDir is empty search the classpath for the configuration directories and copy them to the working directory)?

-Doug.

Re: setting up Ode to run as a war file

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Jackson, Douglas <
douglas.s.jackson@siemens.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> I don't see anything in the documentation mentioning org.apache.ode.rootDir
> for deploying Ode as a war file (rather than expanded war).

Yet another documentation hole :)

> I think it would make sense to describe what an administrator has to do
> when deploying Ode that way.  I pointed the rootDir at an empty directory
> and Ode failed saying there was no conf directory in it.  So apparently I
> have to copy those things out of the war file - it would be nice if that
> were documented.  Is that something that Ode could do itself (If the rootDir
> is empty search the classpath for the configuration directories and copy
> them to the working directory)?

It probably could yes. Would you be interested in working on it?

Thanks,
Matthieu