Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Swapan Gupta <sw...@infosys.com> on 2003/10/08 15:49:58 UTC

Apache1x port to IHS2x query

Hi,

I am trying to port my module based on Apache1x to IHS 2.0.42(which is based on Apache2x) on AIX.

In Apache1x module, I used a function for check access. Now I have registered a hook ap_hook_access_checker and passed that function as the parameter.
Later on I am trying to access a particular HTTP header using the apr_table_get function. However, this function is not returning any value for the header, however I could clearly see the header in the browser using a cgi perl script.
Moreover, I have an installation of Apache 2.0.47, on which my ported code works fine.

Any pointers why the same should fail on HIS when it is working on Apache or do I need to use any other hooking function as an alternative to the function I used to specify in the access check parameter of my Apache 1x module.

Thanks
Swapan.

Re: Apache1x port to IHS2x query

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
Swapan Gupta wrote:

> I am trying to port my module based on Apache1x to IHS 2.0.42(which is
> based on Apache2x) on AIX.

dev@apr is for Apache portable run-time questions, not for Apache API
questions, and certainly not for questions regarding differences betwen
Apache 2 and IHS 2.

If you have a question about the Apache API, there is the apache-modules
mailing list.

If the IHS 2 API appears to behave differently than open source Apache 2
as downloaded from httpd.apache.org and built with the worker MPM, then
open a PMR with IBM and we'll investigate.  Or send me an e-mail with a
simple but complete testcase that exposes the differing behavior and
which I can run myself, and I'll investigate.